Photo by Denys Nevozhai on Unsplash
French is the official language of 29 countries and is spoken by over 76 million native speakers worldwide. This makes it one of the most popular languages in the world, with France being the origin.
If you are looking for ways to start learning it, there are various ways to get you started. You can either look for language learning apps/platforms to get you started. A good place to start learning for free is YouTube- one of the most visited websites.
YouTube provides you with unlimited materials and resources to get started. In fact, you can become fluent without paying for any premium course.
This post focuses on both French YouTube channels and French YouTubers. These are the best places and people to get you speaking faster. They teach through music, video games, and videos.
One question that usually arises whenever learning from YouTube is concerned is the quality of the videos. Several French YouTubers such as Seb La Frite put a lot of effort everyday to make sure the videos are top-notch. Lessons are well structured, varied, and cover different aspects of life, culture, and contexts.
While each French YouTuber has his own teaching style, this post provides you with important information to assist you in choosing what suits you.
Keep reading to find out the 31 best French YouTube channels.
French YouTube Channels
1. Francais Avec Pierre
Pierre and Noemie tutor at this French YouTube channel. Whether you’re a beginner or intermediate, Francais Avec Pierre has something for you to boost your French skills.
Pierre teaches topics ranging from food recipes, everyday activities, holidays, and listening to conversations with French speakers. His videos are skill-based or involve listening to conversations.
What makes these YouTubers stand out?
- Gives you an opportunity to study for the MELF exam.
- Has content on slang- ensures you make little grammatical errors when conversing.
- His videos have French and English subtitles.
- He immerses you into French from the start.
Over 1.6 million
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FRANCIAS AVEC PIERRE
2. Learn French With Elsa
How about learning French from one of the experienced French instructors around? With 17 years of experience, Elsa immerses you in the French language right from the start. While French is the default language of instruction, she also uses English for those in need of additional help.
French learners will enjoy;
- Structured grammar and vocabulary classes.
- Dictation exercises.
- Dialogues and pronunciation exercises to boost spoken language
- Live weekly classes.
- English subtitles on all videos.
Furthermore, you can enjoy listening to her go through the ‘’Le Petit Prince’’ book. She discusses all grammar points and vocabulary in the book.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT LEARN FRENCH WITH ELSA
3. Easy French
How about learning French from the streets of France? Easy French prides itself in immersing learners- whether beginner or advanced into French. Just like in other easy YouTube channels, easy French uses interviews to teach. A tutor will choose a topic and create identical questions for interviewing native speakers. As you continue studying French, you become comfortable using diverse French rhythms and phrases.
What’s good about the interviews?
- Videos have both French and English subtitles.
- Easy to comprehend lessons.
- Excellent content for all levels of French speakers.
Over 381 000
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT EASY FRENCH
4. Parlez-Vous French
Ann Le Grand, one of the most experienced tutors, teaches French in this channel. Her primary aim is to help learners avoid mistakes when writing business emails, enhance their pronunciation and increase their vocabulary of frequently used French phrases. She delivers her lessons with a lot of love and enthusiasm.
What does she offer?
As a French learner, you will enjoy:
- Tests to help you evaluate what you have learned.
- dictation exercises to boost your written language
- formal and casual language instruction
Additionally, she helps students boost their conversational skills by reading stories to both beginners and advanced students.
She also has a website, the Parlez-vous French website. If you need transcripts and additional listening and comprehension questions for the stories, you can get them from this website.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT PARLEZ-VOUS FRENCH
5. Learn French With Alexa
Do you like learning through movies? Alexa provides you with wonderful videos to get you started. If you can’t afford private classes, then this is one of the best free alternatives available. Her method of teaching French, personality, and experience makes her stand out.
Alexa teaches with live streams as well as prerecorded 5-minute classes and 30-second YouTube shorts. She uses English as the major language of instruction. Beginners and intermediate learners will find her content worthwhile. Alexa has premium content for advanced learners on her website.
Over 1.24 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT LEARN FRENCH WITH ALEXA
There are films for total novices studying French at the A1 level, as well as courses for students studying French at the B1 level. The Lingoni French films cover a variety of topics, including grammar lessons and common French phrases.
The channel has videos for students studying French at A1 level, as well as courses for b1 level students. Be sure to enjoy grammar lessons accompanied by popular phrases classes.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT LINGONI FRENCH
7. Oh La La, I Speak French!
One of the French YouTube channels is mostly suited to beginners and intermediates. Tutors use drama and humor to teach about common events. All videos are 2-minutes long. Videos are grouped into series.
What’s good about Oh La La, I Speak French!
- Entertaining content ensures you never get bored.
- English subtitles for better explanations.
- Content includes French swear words and slang words.
- Content is grouped according to topics and context.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT OH LA LA, I SPEAK FRENCH!
8. Learn French With Vincent
Vincent, one of the most active French YouTubers, keeps you updated with new content. He also owns the website french4me. He is one of the YouTubers with loads of videos to binge-watch.
What’s good about this popular French channel?
- Tons of video content to keep you engage
- Quality content is available in his live-stream classes.
Vincent does a great deal of ensuring you learn all aspects of the language. His live stream classes comprise;
- Dictations to help you master writing.
- Answering questions about French grammar and vocabulary
- Teaches you about idiomatic expressions and French history
The best part is you can either do these tasks live or while watching replays.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT LEARN FRENCH WITH VINCENT
9. Francais Authentique
Do you love learning effortlessly? If yes, then you will find the Francais Authentique channels worth it. Johann, the French YouTuber, focuses on teaching you authentic content. Not only grammar and vocabulary but also their cultural context. His lessons are filled with jokes, philosophy and use popular phrases in context.
What’s good about French Authentique?
- Lots of content on various topics to choose from.
- Has a topic of the day to get you going every day.
- Content is regularly updated
- His lessons are well-paced.
His channel content is well structured to suit all levels of students.
Over 1.26 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FRANCAIS AUTHENTIQUE
Cyprien is one of the popular French YouTubers around. His closest competitor is Squeezie- a video games channel. Cyprien uses film to teach French. A quick visit to his channel and you might find yourself stuck there watching the addictive content he posts regularly. His videos comprise cartoons and animations about life.
What’s good about this famous Youtuber?
- You can watch up-to-date content.
- Has subtitles in over 10 languages to ensure you understand the content easily.
- He uses the latest technology and trends to create engaging content.
Over 14.2 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT CYPRIEN
Are you looking to study biology or science in France?
Dirty biology provides you with simple explanations of biological terms and processes. The instructor uses humor while educating his audience.
What’s good about dirty biology YouTubers?
- Engaging content means you will never get bored.
- The founder is always available to answer questions from his audience.
- Enjoy watching videos with both English and French subtitles.
- Content covers numerous biology topics.
Over 1.2 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT DIRTYBIOLOGY
12. Nota Bene
If you love history, then Nota Bene is the best YouTube channel for you. You’ll hear topics ranging from military, science, politics, economics, and social concerns.
What is good about Nota Bene?
- The narrator speaks in a straightforward and enthusiastic manner.
- Good for improving listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent choice of content for everyone.
- All videos have French subtitles to immerse you in the language.
Over 1.85 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT NOTA BENE
13. Studio Bagel
If you are a fan of a team of French YouTubers, then this is one channel run by a team. Their purpose is to teach French using funny videos, parodies, and amusing advertisements on diverse topics. A quick look at their channel and you will hear talks about asteroids, adverts, and relationships.
Most of the films have native speakers. However, studio bagel has not put great effort into sub-titling its videos. This is likely to discourage beginners and intermediate learners.
Over 3.37 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT STUDIO BAGEL
14. The Golden Moustache
If you love studio bagel because of its comedy, then you’ll definitely love Golden Moustache. It makes parodies and comedies on popular films such as Game of Thrones, Saw, and Star Wars.
Other popular topics include the sexual lives of video games, and the day the planet stopped masturbating.
What makes YouTubers stand out?
- Its use of satire keeps learners interested.
- It’s fun watching crazy topics.
- While the content is in French, subtitles for the films are available in over 10 languages.
They also have premium content in world history.
Over 3.6 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THE GOLDEN MOUSTECHE
If you love learning from what’s currently happening around the globe, then this is one of the YouTube channels to subscribe to. Its primary focus is current events. You’ll hear them talk about events in French-speaking countries such as France, Congo, and West African countries.
What’s good about it?
- Has Tons of content to keep you busy.
- Videos have French subtitles to immerse you into the language.
- Talks about French culture in various parts of the world.
- Videos have different accents to help you improve your listening skills.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT TV5MONDE INFO
16. Alice Ayel
Another YouTube channel dedicated to newbies. Even a person with no prior knowledge will find its content simple to understand. Alice uses storytelling as a way of educating you about French culture.
What’s good about Alice Ayel’s channel?
- All videos have French subtitles
- She immerses you into the language immediately.
- Alice speaks French fluently while using gestures and visuals to enhance the lessons.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT ALICE AYEL
17.Norman Fait Des Videos
Norman, the founder of this channel, is another popular French YouTuber, but not as le Rire Jaune or Seb la Frite. He makes videos on tons of topics, including holidays such as Halloween, food, animals, movies, and video games.
A sneak peek through his comedy videos shows he has worked with like-minded YouTubers such as Cyprien.
What makes Norman stand out from other YouTubers?
- The way he speaks will keep you glued.
- Helps you improve your listening and comprehension of the French language.
- His videos have subtitles.
Over 12.1 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT NORMAN FAIT DES VIDEOS
18. French Comprehensible Input
Created and maintained by Lucas, this YouTube channel focuses on language learning. Since Lucas is a native French YouTuber, all the videos and content are in French.
What’s good about it?
- All videos are labeled appropriately to help you choose based on your interest or ability.
- Content is not only available for advanced students but also for beginners and intermediate French learners.
- Ability to learn French for different contexts.
- Well-structured content.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FRENCH COMPREHENSIBLE INPUT
19. Francais Immersion
One of the French YouTube channels suitable for immersing beginners right from the start. The host, Thomas, keeps everything simple and organized.
What’s good about the channel?
- Teaches using whiteboards. Making it feel like a physical class.
- Uses captivating sketches to keep learners engaged.
- His style ensures learners have understood everything.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FRANCAIS IMMERSION
20. Coffee Break Languages
If you’re planning to travel to France, then you can easily get started on this channel. It provides good video series for novices. All you have to do is learn French by interpreting street billboards and signs in Paris. The tutors, Mark and Pierre-Benoit, use short videos to teach. Their primary focus is helping learners improve their spoken French.
What’s good about this channel?
- Has both written and spoken French lessons
- Gives you a chance to speak French by answering questions.
- Has tests to eluate how much you have learned.
- Videos have French subtitles.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT COFFEE BREAK LANGUAGES
With all its videos in French, this channel is suitable for intermediate French learners. It immerses you into the language right from the first lesson on vocabulary.
What’s good about it?
- Content focuses on both French culture and language.
- Covers a wide range of topics, hence everyone can learn something
- Uses personal revelations and funny scenarios to teach.
- Have test quizzes to evaluate your progress.
Hugo, the founder of the channel, also has premium content for his learners.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT INNERFRENCH
Created by Ina Mihalache, a famous and funny Canadian-born French YouTuber. The channel’s content focuses on Solange, a character from Solangeteparle. Most of her content focuses on the differences between France and Canada. She also discusses sexuality, books, movies, life, and culture.
What sets her apart from other French Youtubers?
- Her content is not fast-paced. It’s slow and clear, making it easier to follow along.
- Content is regularly updated.
This channel is suitable for intermediate learners looking to converse as native speakers.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT SOLANGETEPARLE
23. Osons Causer
If you love well-researched movies, you’ll find Osons Causer worthwhile. Each movie is created after thorough research has been conducted on the topic. Their primary aim is to provide good coverage on world news.
What is good about Oson Causer?
- Content covers almost every topic. From life to business, politics, and the environment.
- A straightforward narrator who keeps you motivated to watch.
- Fast-paced narratives for global news keep you engaged.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT OSONS CAUSER
If you love interactive videos and movies, then the Jefrench YouTube channel is a good fit for you. This aspect sets them apart from other French YouTubers.
What’s good about this YouTube channel?
- Its repetitive instructional method helps you build your skills
- Content is well structured to ensure you don’t get confused.
- Provides adequate lessons on grammar, vocabulary, and verb conjugations.
- Videos have English subtitles.
Jefrench is an excellent channel for those who enjoy video instruction. It’s ideal for all levels of French students.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT JEFRENCH
25. Kendra Language School
Kendra is a language learning French YouTube channel. Its video content is basically in French.
Each video involves recordings of people conversing in different situations.
What makes Kendra’s language school stand out?
- Its video content makes it easier to boost your communication skills.
- Content is well organized into series.
- They focus on helping you prepare for exams.
- All videos have French and English subtitles.
Over 3.77 million.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT KENDRA LANGUAGE SCHOOL
26. Piece of French
All content in his channel is created by Elsa, a French YouTuber. On this YouTube channel, you will enjoy a free movie every week. The topic ranges from health, fitness, food, travel, and history, among others.
What makes this Youtuber stand out?
- Lessons include learning expressions and vocabulary in context. This ensures that you don’t get confused about the usage and meaning of original phrases.
- The content is customized for all learners. Intermediate learners will enjoy her clear presentation.
- She makes videos reviewing learning platforms.
- All videos have English and French subtitles.
To review what you have learned, Elsa has a website where she posts exercises. These exercises are excellent for grammar and comprehension.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT PIECE OF FRENCH
27. Learn French with Pascal
Pascal, a famous French YouTuber uses graphic variations to teach. A quick look at his YouTube videos shows a person who spends a great amount of time and effort creating video content for his learners and subscribers.
What makes this channel stand out?
- Has great slideshow grammar and verb conjugations lessons to help you master spoken French.
- He helps you build a mental library and use the words in different contexts.
- He uses both English and French as the languages of instruction. This makes his lessons easy to understand.
- Videos have both French and English subtitles.
If you love his channel, you can visit his website and download free transcripts of all his YouTube videos. You can arrange them according to the topic for easier use.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT LEARN FRENCH WITH PASCAL
28.Podcast with Francais Facile
Are you preparing for the DELF exam? If yes, the Francais Facile podcast is the right place for you. Its content and activities are geared towards passing the DELF level A1 to A2 exams. His effort in creating engaging content is clear.
What makes this channel stand out?
- Videos are fun to watch. The instructor uses humor to deliver the content.
- Learners are actively engaged throughout by using questions to get them going.
- He provides dictation exercises to help you improve your written language.
- You can easily build sentences after attending his phonetic and grammar lessons.
- He provides exercises to help you evaluate what you have learned.
- His channel provides free dialogues and their transcripts.
- The content fits in everyday situations.
This YouTube channel has something for everyone. If used well, the content can help you to easily pass the DELF A2 exam.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT PODCAST WITH FRANCAIS FACILE
29. Wandering French
Hélène, the founder, is another experienced French YouTuber and instructor. She has tutored for over 20 years. Her content covers interesting topics, such as countries and locations.
What makes her YouTube channel stand out?
- She immerses you into different cultures around the world.
- Her narration is enthusiastic and helps improve comprehension skills.
- She has content for everyone.
- From her website, you can download free translations and transcripts
- All videos have both French and English subtitles.
If you haven’t tried her lessons, you will find her “Quebecois 101” interesting and fun to learn.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT WANDERING FRENCH
30. French in Action
Created in the 1980s, French inaction is a video course available for free on YouTube. It focuses on students from both France and the United States. Content centers on topics such as science, work, food, life, and world history. The course has over fifty episodes. Each episode is 30 minutes long.
What makes this YouTube course stand out despite the time?
- It uses dialogue, movie clips, graphics, and interviews to teach new words.
- Focuses on speaking and listening skills.
- Immerses you in the language from the start.
- It’s great for studying about the culture and life.
- Lessons are straightforward and clear for all students.
The course is suited to intermediate and advanced learners. Those with no prior knowledge are bound to struggle at first.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FRENCH IN ACTION
If you enjoy music, then rad is the channel for you. This is Radio Canada’s YouTube channel. Its primary focus is providing valuable information on languages, health, environment, and immediate events. Its major source of content is feedback from its subscribers and audience.